CITYROW is looking for a highly motivated, confident, and people-focused leader to be the General Manager of our studio. The Studio Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the business and creating a client-focused, positive environment that is devoted to maximizing the studio revenue and occupancy.
A CITYROW Studio Manager is:
- Highly motivated, confident, and a people-focused leader who will be able to manage a team of 10 or more.
- Responsible for creating a client-focused, positive environment and is devoted to maximizing the studio revenue and occupancy.
- Someone who has strong problem-solving skills, is confident leader and is a self-starter.
- Able to receive and give performance feedback effectively.
- Able to multitask, prioritize effectively, and delegate when necessary.
- Someone who has superior communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong customer service skills.
- Passionate about fitness, wellness and living a healthy lifestyle.
- Enjoys taking CITYROW classes and has a strong knowledge of the CITYROW concept.
RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Plan and execute all aspects of staffing for the studio, including recruitment, hiring, training, and termination as necessary.
- Optimize and publish the Studio Team schedule monthly.
- Handle all new hire paperwork and on-boarding.
- Monitor class performance and communicate any schedule changes with the Studio Team.
- Foster and develop a high-performing Studio Team by training and motivating all employees to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Lead by example in all areas of communication, management, leadership, and service.
- Conduct bi-annual performance reviews.
- Hold monthly Studio Team meetings.
- Build a strong team environment.
- Serve as a resource to the Studio Team for any client related questions.
- Resolve and attend to any client issues/requests.
- Focus on engaging with all guests, selling memberships, class packages, and product offerings.
- Respond to studio customer service email.
- Oversee daily operations of the studio.
- Order and manage inventory of studio supplies and sales of merchandise.
- Ensure cleanliness standards are met and maintained at all times.
- Perform ongoing maintenance on studio space and equipment as needed.
- Submit bi-weekly payroll reports.
- Submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly studio revenue and goal reports.
- Help oversee and process group/private bookings.
- Respond to Closing Emails when necessary.
- Handle any complaints or building issues.
- Coordinate with any outside vendors when necessary (i.e. towel service, water deliveries, etc.).
- Work with the Corporate Team to ensure all policies and procedures are properly implemented.
- Own key marketing channels from ideation/planning/copywriting through to execution including but not limited to:
- Social Media (Instagram, Instagram Stories, FB Priority)
- Weekly CITYROW email (using MailChimp to communication weekly marketing initiatives, studio happenings, and press)
- Activate and oversee Corporate promotions.
- Run point on special events, activations, and partnerships (e.g.: outdoor pop-ups, team bonding, etc.).
- Help promote CITYROW to new businesses with ongoing community outreach.
- Manage in-studio marketing and maintenance (i.e. chalkboards, seasonal decor, boards, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in business management, hospitality, or related field.
- At least 3 years of management experience in fitness, hospitality or wellness
- CPR First Aid Certified.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Must have business knowledge and be focused on driving bottom line revenue.
- Full-time; weekend availability:
- Must be flexible with your schedule and time.
- Nontraditional hours - day, evening, and/or weekend hours, including holidays and long shifts as the business dictates.
- Must live in close proximity of the studio.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)